In this post I want to share my personal experiences from my inspiration challenge with you. Step by step I’m trying to define my own style a little more. Before your read on – please read my blog post about Huntgram.</>
On the track – Finding great pictures
What do you see – ANALYSIS
I looked at every picture, trying to put into words what I particularly liked. What I see…
- strong composition (large vs small, complementary colors)
- “otherworld feel” (double exposure, …)
- texture (clouds, wood, street, patterns …)
- persons in the environment OR close portraits with shoulders still in the frame OR real close ups
- attention to the light / shadow
- emotional – atmospheric (but quiet / positive)
- analog filter
Go shooting with a sense of the result
With these factors in mind, it went into the field – in the truest sense of the word. Over several weekends I went out specifically to take pictures. Armed with a tripod and partly with nice props (book, pen, scarf). I usually try to integrate my Instagram photos in everyday life. Snap spontaneous things that catch my eye – so this was a little different.
So far so good. Prepare yourself mentally and morally for a lot of fails. But cheer up: Every mistake is a step in the right direction.
Thinks I have to work on
- find a routine in editing images (at the moment I try many apps) – gain the same look and feel
- find other patient people that can be photographed
- explore further the area for great photo locations
- take more time for idea development…
You never stop learning. I hope my experiences helps you to try it yourself.
Happy shooting und stay creative!